GCER Meeting Minutes April 17, 2012
Location: Joe Caribe's Restaurant
The meeting was called to order by President Joe Larkin at 1903. There were 12 members present.
The minutes were read and approved with a motion by Jim and seconded by Karin.
Linda Smith, Treasurer reported we have a balance of $3575.15 in our account.
- Reports from Joe :
- Doyle reported on membership solicitations and the possibility of several new members.
- Our Oroville ride was canceled due to rain. Dave Smith suggested a date change might improve the possibility
of cancelation. Joe suggested we have a rain date instead. A motion was made by Dave and seconded by Jim.
The membership agreed to have a rain date instead of a date change.
- The ad for our Gold Country ride to be published in the AERC News was designed by Pam Bailie and will
be in the May and June edition. The cost was under our $500 budget, and according to Joe and Doyle is an
- Joe stated he will also notify members from AERC, and other area ride managers of our ride information.
Hopefully this will help increase the number of our ride participants.
- Michel Bloch notified Joe, he has to cancel the UCD student ride planned for April 28. Cherryl suggested
we invite the students to come to the EDETF fun ride to be held at Dru Barner on May 26th. Joe will advise
Michel of this possibility.
- Andrew Gerhard finished 5th at the Nevada Derby Ride. He persevered thru snow, wind, and dust storms. Congratulations to Andrew.
- The campout dates and information are now on our website. Thank you Jon Saunders, our web master. Important dates to remember;
Washoe, May 18-20, Silver lake Aug 24-26, Bort Meadows Sept.6-9, and Pt. Reyes, October 11-13. Our GCER ride date remains July 14th.
- Jon Jue, ranger stated to Joe that all the trails should be open by April 20.
- Marcie Schaeffer, announced the Benefit Dinner for "Horses for Healing" will be held May 12,2012 at the Mt. Vernon Grange, 3185 Bell Road.
Doors open at 4:45. There will be a Rigatoni Dinner, Live Blue Grass Band "The Banner Mt. Boys", silent and live auction, dessert auction, and no
host bar. Info.and tickets www.horsesforhealing ,or call 530-887-9573. Cost is $15 each or $45 for family 4 pak.
- Doyle reported on the GCER Ride to be held July 14th
A discussion was held regarding the reversal of the ride route, and the times riders will be at the vet stops. Cherryl will discuss the ride details
with head Vet. Dr, Bob Morgan and report back at the next meeting. Doyle will have his check list at the next meeting. Jon Saunders reported he
has the ride date and application up on our web site.
The meeting was adjourned at 1952 by Joe Larkin, with a motion by Alison and seconded by Jim. Our next meeting will be held at this same
location on Tuesday, May 15. Dinner at 6:00pm and meeting at 7:00pm.
Respectfully Submitted, Judy Carnazzo Secretary