Gold Country Ride
The Gold Country Endurance Ride has been held annually for over 35 years at Dru Barner Park located in the beautiful Sierra Foothills of Northern California. We host a Limited Distance and 50 mile endurance ride. The ride is of moderate difficulty and true to mileage. As such, it is often used as a conditioning ride by those planning on competing in the Tevis Cup.
Our ride is one of the more affordable rides with a lower entry fee than most and all profits benefiting local trails, parks and other related charities through The Gold Country Endurance Riders which is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. In addition, ride photos from Gore Baylor Photography will be included with your entry fee (New in 2019!).
We have many great sponsors every year and provide some of the best participation and completion awards! We also have a Junior’s Only perpetual trophy introduced in 2018 thanks to a generous donation from The Horseshoe Barn! In addition, your vet cards are emailed to you after the ride.
Some features of Dru Barner Park:
- Plenty of shade from the many pine trees
- Corrals on a “first-come, first-served” basis
- Bathrooms with and without plumbing
- Running water for horses (please bring your own water for human consumption)
- Fire pits
- Regularly maintained paved and gravel roads
- Parking for large and small rigs
- Overflow parking near vet check area
- Safety is a priority on our ride. Sweep Riders of The Sierra (SOS) sweep ride each distance for this reason.
- Click here for a Map of The Campground
- Click Here For General Ride Information