2014 March Minutes
GCER Meeting Minutes March 18, 2014
Location: Joe Caribe’s Restaurant
The meeting was called to order by President Becky Santucci at 1903. There were 19 members present. The minutes were read and approved
In Cindy’s absence Becky reported we have $3077.06 in our account. There has been no correspondence.
Three day Gold Rush Shuffle: Doyle reported Camp Far west is a great place for a ride. Good weather, trails, and well marked. Everyone had a good ride.
Becky, Pam, Doyle and Trina completed the one day LD. Roger and Linda completed 2 days LD.
Dale was lost, so returned to camp as he didn’t want to finish at midnight.
- Diane Dixon Johnson suggested a Foothills web site for riding. Featuring a drop down menu bar listing all riding groups in our area, and their mission statement. Followed by a general calendar that everyone could post the day they are riding and where. This is just a rough outline of an idea she has. She has a web master in mind. There was a short discussion followed by a motion by Trina and seconded by Pam that Diane pursues the idea, and Diane agreed.
- Potato announced the Tevis talk by Linda Tellington Jones on March 27th. He asked the club if we would donate a ride entry for our Gold Country Ride to a benefit raffle for Kate Riordan. Lexie made a motion, 2nd by Pam. The motion passed.
- Club campouts:
- Oroville -,April 25-27, call State Parks, ” Reserve America” for your own reservations.
- Pt. Reyes- May 9-11, call Stewart ranch for your own reservations
- Jack Brooks June 4-8. Cherryl has a full camp with two on the waiting list. Call her to get on the list, or if you need to cancel. You had to pay and make your reservation with her to get on the list a year in advance. If you want to go next year call her immediately as she is going next week to get our dates. 530-272-9222
- Pt. Reyes – October 16-19, remember make your own reservations with Stewart Ranch.
**** Very important 4th annual Rigatoni Fundraiser “Horses for healing” Saturday. Tickets $15 or 4/$50 in advance Sierra Building, Gold Country Fairgrounds. Doors open at 4;45. Silent auction and live band. Horses for Healing was started by longtime GCER member Judy Gerhard. It is a wonderful program and a fun evening. Please try and support this program in Judy’s memory.
- Important Dates for club members:
- Ride and Tie Equithon …..horse goes 12 miles and runner 9 miles. Cool ,May 24th: Benefit WSTF. Put on by Susan Smythe
- EDETF fun ride at Dru Barner May 24th.
- Ride and Tie Championships: Dru Barner July 12th,Our club is working this ride. Please plan On volunteering.
- GCER ride July 19th. Everyone needs to be available if possible to help with our ride.
- Tevis Endurance ride is August 9th.
- Cherryl announced she is going next week to sign up for the Jack Brooks campout. Hopefully the dates will be June 17th -21st. Call her if you want to reserve a spot. So far, Holbrooks, Linda and Roger, Becky, Judy, Alison, and Bailies, are going. The cost is $85 per rig.
- Roger said an 81 year old called him from Idaho to inquire about Tevis. He plans to do it more than once.
- Doyle said he will have more information about our ride next month. Judy suggested the trails need to be worked on and possibly we could come up with a plan with EDETF and CCC to plan a work day.
Becky announced our next meeting is April 15 and again will be held again at Joe Caribe . Potato suggested we all look at a restaurant next to Pistol Pete’s. Becky stated she will go in to “Black Bear” and talk to the manager. She is still looking at alternative sites. If you have a suggestion notify Becky.
Becky also announced we will have a guest speaker from “Elegant Ears” next month. He will be talking about a group campsite at Caple’s Creek off of Highway 50; It has 12 campsites for big rigs now with more to be added in the future.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:55 with a motion by Trina and seconded by Jim.
Respectfully Submitted, Judy Carnazzo Secretary